Today we are inviting Mr Amol Chavan man, behind one of my favourite side hustle blogs Growth Funda. By taking the Amol Chavan interview, I learn lots of new things about hustling, SEO, content strategy, and much more.
So if you also want to know more about growth funda founder Amol Chavan then read this interview article entirely.
Let’s get started.
- Interview With Amol Chavan
- Q1. Can you tell our readers about yourself and your blog?
- Q2. How did you first get into blogging?
- Q3. Please tell me about your Niche and why you choose this Niche?
- Q4. Are you a full-time Blogger or part-time?
- 5. Please share some tips for newbies that they can use to build some traffic on their blogs and at the same time, what kind of mistakes they should avoid committing?
- 6. How do you manage your time to run your blog efficiently?
- 7. Tell our readers some of your strengths that really helped you in blogging?
- 8. After the recent google link spam update, the importance of guest posting is reduced as per many bloggers. What do you think about this?
- 9. What’s your favorite way to build high-quality backlinks?
- 10. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
- 11. Which monetization method do you use for Growthfunda?
- 12. Many people ask me how to increase CTR so can you give some tips for increasing CTR which work for you.
- 13. Can you Please recommend three SEO tools & WordPress plugins for our blog as per your experience so our blogs will be more search engine friendly.
- 14. Any Feedback or suggestion about me or my blog?
- Final Verdict
Interview With Amol Chavan
Q1. Can you tell our readers about yourself and your blog?
Before proceeding further, I would like to thank you. I am glad to be part of this interview.
My name is Amol Chavan, and I’m the man behind Side Hustle Blog Growthfunda; a blog dedicated to topics Side Hustle and Online Business which I started back in Jan 2018.
I am a part-time Blogger, Software Engineer from the IT city of Pune, Maharashtra- India.
As a side hustler, I keep exploring side hustle ideas like Consulting, Writing, etc. I love to network with like-minded folks, read books\blogs and spread knowledge about the Side Hustles.
Q2. How did you first get into blogging?
My IT career is responsible for my side hustles & blogging.
While working full time I tried many different offline sides hustle like Real estate, eCommerce, Import Export but I failed miserably. Some of my business plans failed even before starting.
But I learned a lot during all these business attempts. However, this helped me to gain more knowledge towards entrepreneurship and increase my desire for entrepreneurship.
Even though I failed badly, the burning desire inside me never stopped. I continued searching for something apart from my day job. I started looking for side hustle ideas.
That’s when I realized that Digital Marketing is in the boom. As a result, I studied Digital Marketing, obtained certification, and learned every aspect of it.
While learning I got to know that, Blogging is a great way to connect with people, grow, and run a business.
After spending 9 months on WordPress development, SEO, Content Writing finally I launched my first Side Hustle Blog Growthfunda on 1 Jan 2018.
This is how my journey as a Blogger and Side Hustler started.
Q3. Please tell me about your Niche and why you choose this Niche?
My blog and niche of working is Side Hustle and Online Business
The reasons to choose this niche are as follows:
- A majority of all blogging niches are over-saturated, such as make money, technology, health.
- Many people are aware that one can make money online, but there is no place where this information can be gathered together. So, I wanted to raise awareness about what opportunities exist besides a Job to make money.
- Major working folks have a hard time navigating the Rat Race and feel stalled in their careers. Thus, they are searching for a way to combine their current jobs with a side hustle.
So, considering all of the above, I thought to share my knowledge and add value around niche Side hustles.
Q4. Are you a full-time Blogger or part-time?
I’m a Part-Time blogger.
Tips to bring some traffic:
- Social Media
- Content Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Email list
- Use the power of social sharing sites like ViralContentBee, Triberr, etc.
Apart from this, you can refer to this guide to increase website traffic
Mistakes to avoid:
- Not picking up the niche and writing on multiple topics.
- Don’t copy other’s work.
- Depending on only one Traffic source.
6. How do you manage your time to run your blog efficiently?
I am a part-time Side Hustle Blogger, so here is how I manage my time:
- I try to start the day early, around 6 am.
- Following that, I get busy with blogging and my morning rituals.
- After that, I start my office work around 10 am and work until 7 pm.
- Later in the night, I try to spend 1-2 hrs on the Side Hustles activities depending on my productivity.
- Over the Weekend, I focus on blog promotion and experimenting with new Side Hustles opportunities.
Sometimes I change the schedule depending on the other priority. This is how I manage my time.
7. Tell our readers some of your strengths that really helped you in blogging?
As a focus and energy are required to handle a full-time job and to work as a blogger part-time. A true strength of mine is my inner desire to work on the Blogging side hustle.
My opinion is that bloggers who adhere to Google’s guidelines regarding backlinking do not need to worry much about their backlinking strategies.
Link spam update by Google impacts website owners who are utilizing poor backlinking strategies and are solely dependent upon Guest Posting.
I’m not too focused on building backlinks by any method. Getting natural backlinks by roundup, networking, web mentions, SEO are some of the ways I get backlinks.
Topical authority can help you to build natural backlinks.
10. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
The major challenge that I faced initially was how to write and what to write.
To overcome this, I practised writing on platforms like Quora, Medium, etc. Gradually, I learned about Content Writing and improved my writing skills.
11. Which monetization method do you use for Growthfunda?
- Affiliate Marketing
- Selling info product i.e. My Course.
Apart from this, I have been working on other side hustle projects.
12. Many people ask me how to increase CTR so can you give some tips for increasing CTR which work for you.
Here are some tips:
- Try to add the target keyword at the initial line of the Meta description.
- Add 1-2 relevant LSI keywords in the Meta description
- Add target keyword in the Title
- Add a catchy headline to grab attention
- Monitor CTR via Google Console and try changing over the period until you see massive success.
13. Can you Please recommend three SEO tools & WordPress plugins for our blog as per your experience so our blogs will be more search engine friendly.
14. Any Feedback or suggestion about me or my blog?
You are doing great with your blog by sharing your knowledge with others. I would suggest don’t just stick to one traffic strategy and monetization method.
Keep up doing great work with consistency. Best of luck to you.
Thanks, Amol Chavan, for giving us time for this interview post. I know you are a busy person in your work. Still, you give us time for our readers its is showing your humble nature; by this interview post, maybe lots of youngsters like me are encouraging for effectively doing side hustle.